Train World reopens on Tuesday 19 May
This is the moment we were all looking forward to: Train World is reopening to the general public!
After the lockdown period, during which we posted a great deal of material on our website and social media, we are happy and fully prepared to welcome you all safely back. For the time being, we are welcoming only individual visitors.
We want to keep our museum safe for everyone and are therefore applying a number of precautionary measures.
- • All exhibition areas and sanitary facilities are thoroughly cleaned several times a day.
- • The cash desks are protected with lucite screens.
- • All museum staff wear the necessary personal protective equipment.
- • We limit the number of visitors per time slot, so as to control the total number of people inside the museum.
- • Extra security staff are present in the museum.
- • The cash desks are open to supply information to visitors and supply/process tickets that cannot be processed online. Please comply with social-distancing rules.
- • Payment by bank card only. Cash is not accepted for the time being.
- • For safety reasons, audio guides are not available for the moment. Download the Train World app for iPhone or Android to receive the full audio guide on your smartphone.
May we request that you comply with the following measures:
- • Disinfect your hands regularly. Soap and disinfectant gel are available at many locations in the museum.
- • Follow the signposted itinerary. Traffic must remain one-way only.
- • Please comply with the pictograms relating to protective measures: social distancing, recommendation that you wear a face mask, etc.
- • Please stand on the ground markings at the entrance, in front of the lifts and in the bookshop in order to keep a safe distance (minimum 1.5 metres).
- • Please buy your entrance ticket online, to reduce queuing as much as possible and keep physical contact to a minimum. Only tickets bought directly via our website give direct access to the museum.
Thank you for your cooperation. These measures will enable all of us to admire our collections in the best possible safety conditions.