“Train Autrique” Day Trip
There are many hidden treasures in Schaerbeek. You can explore some of them on our “Train Autrique” day trip: the history of the train in Belgium as well as the beginnings of the architect Victor Horta. Here are three good reasons to book this exciting tour for your group or organisation!
- - is two outings in one : you will be visiting two of Schaerbeek’s cultural spots and discovering the best of two worlds: Train World and Maison Autrique.
- - means a visit of two François Schuiten projects: the two institutions worked closely with scenographer François Schuiten, and in both cases the result is well worth seeing!
- - includes two fully guided tour: both visits are guided by our experts, who will have you hanging on their every word.
The day begins with Train World, at the old railway station in Schaerbeek. Train World gathers in a place full of history not only the most precious locomotives and carriages of the Belgian Railway heritage, but also many unique objects and archives, photographs and films, all arranged in a spectacular scenography by the artist François Schuiten. One of our guides will make you relive the history of railways in Belgium during your visit.
At noon, you can lunch in an establishment of your choice.
After lunch, you visit the Maison Autrique, originally built as the family home of Eugène Autrique, who also worked on railways – in Turkey. Built in 1893, the house has a long history prior to its complete restoration. Led by the duo François Schuiten / Benoît Peeters, the house was completely restored in the 1990s, allowing you today to admire the expertise of Victor Horta. Although only one of Horta’s many masterpieces, it was one of the first buildings he erected in Brussels. End your day in fin de siècle style.
In collaboration with Maison Autrique.
Times and duration
Beginning: 10:00 at Train World – End: 15:30 at Maison Autrique
- - Guided tour of Train World – from 10:00 to 12:00
- - Lunch from 12:00 to 13:30
- - Trip by Tram 92 to Maison Autrique (or by coach) with the guide – around 30 minutes
- - Guided tour of Maison Autrique in Schaerbeek – 14:00 to 15:00 (begins at 14:30 at the latest)
The estimated price for a group of 15 is € 418 (or €27,87 per person for a group of 15). This includes:
- 15 entrance tickets to both museums: € 210 ( € 14/person)
- guided tours of both museums: € 180 (or 3 hours with a guide)
- tram tickets: € 28 for two 10-journey cards (to be paid for by yourselves, not via Train World)
For an estimate of the amount for your group, we advise you to contact our booking department (firstname.lastname@example.org). Maximum number of visitors per guide: 20.
Booking and payment
This day trip is booked via Train World. We advise that you contact us at the latest three weeks in advance. The tour can be cancelled free of charge up to 7 calendar days in advance.
- - By phone at 02 224 75 88 or 02 224 75 86, Mondays to Fridays from 09:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00.
- - By e-mail: email@example.com
Payments can be made at the cash desk, in cash or by card (Bancontact / Maestro / Mastercard / Visa).
You take your lunch at RN Express.
Bookings for the lunch cannot be made via Train World. Please contact the restaurant of your choice directly.
Tram or coach
To get from Train World to Maison Autrique, you take Tram 92 with your guide. A single journey costs €2.50 maximum. Check prices here.
Of course, if you have come to Train World by coach, you can also use it to drive to Maison Autrique. In that case, please ensure a seat is available for the guide. Parking is available next to the Josaphat Park. Give your driver these instructions:
Drive to St Servais Church (follow the tram lines) and let the group off there at the side of the church. Turn left on to Avenue Louis Bertrand and drive alongside the Parc Josaphat until you reach the roundabout. Turn on to Avenue Voltaire. Parking is available there.
After the tour, you can pick up the group in front of the Maison Autrique on Chaussée de Haecht. For easier boarding, it is best if the group waits on the other side of the street.
This package is available year-round, except on the following days:
- Exceptional closures of Train World or Maison autrique
- Closing days of Train World: 25 December and 1 January
- Closing days of Maison Autrique: 1 January, Easter, 1 May, Ascension Day, Pentecost Monday, 21 July (Belgian national holiday), 15 August, 1 November, 11 November and 25 December.
By exception we're closed today.