Day package Train World + walk through Schaerbeek's station district
Enjoy a full day of discoveries and grab your lunch at the museum brasserie RN Express!
There are many hidden treasures in Schaerbeek. You can explore some of them during this day trip: the history of the train in Belgium as well as the art nouveau in the district of the Schaerbeek station. Here are two good reasons to book this exciting tour for your group or organisation!
- We offer you two outings in one on a limited distance! You will be visiting Train World, one of Schaerbeek’s cultural spots and when you leave the museum you’ll discover hidden art nouveau gems.
- We offer you a fully guided day by our experts, who will have you hanging on their every word.
The day begins with Train World, at the old railway station in Schaerbeek. Train World gathers in a place full of history not only the most precious locomotives and carriages of the Belgian Railway heritage, but also many unique objects and archives, photographs and films, all arranged in a spectacular scenography by the artist François Schuiten. One of our guides will make you relive the history of railways in Belgium during your visit.
At noon, you can lunch at the RN Express Brasserie (in the old railway station).
After lunch, a guide will take you for a walk around Schaerbeek's station district. During this walk you will learn more about Schaerbeek's impressive train station, its imposing boulevards and you will discover hidden art nouveau gems.
Times and duration
Beginning: 10:00 at Train World – End: 15:00 at Train World
- - Guided tour of Train World – from 10:00 to 12:00
- - Lunch at RN Express – from 12:00 to 13:30
- - Guided tour in the neighbourhood of the Schaerbeek station – 13:30 to 15:00
The estimated price for a group of 15 is € 712 (or €47.5 per person for a group of 15). This includes:
- 15 entrance tickets to Train World: € 120
- guided tour in Train World and the station quarter: € 195 (or more than 3.5 hours with a guide)
- lunch: about € 397 (to be booked by yourselves, not via Train World)
For an estimate of the amount for your group, we advise you to contact our booking department (email@example.com). Maximum number of visitors per guide: 20.
Booking and payment
This day trip is booked via Train World. We advise that you contact us at the latest three weeks in advance. The tour can be cancelled free of charge up to 7 calendar days in advance.
- - By phone at 02 224 75 88 or 02 224 75 86, Mondays to Fridays from 09:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 16:00.
- - By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments can be made at the cash desk, in cash or by card (Bancontact / Maestro / Mastercard / Visa).
You take your lunch at RN Express.
Bookings for the lunch cannot be made via Train World. Please contact the restaurant directly.
This package is available year-round, except on the following days:
- Exceptional closures of Train World
- Closing days of Train World: 25 December and 1 January
Today we're open from 10:00 until 17:00 (last admission at 15:30).